2010 marks the end of a big year for One Cuckoo Short of a Nest. The year started with a video interview with a federal politician, the publication of several lengthy essays on Australian History and Politics*, and yet another interview with a federal member in the week before the federal election.
Also this year, One Cuckoo Short of a Nest celebrated its first birthday, had a design and accessibility overhaul, and published this website’s most popular article to date.
On that note, I thought that I would take this opportunity to announce which articles have been the most popular on One Cuckoo Short of a Nest this year. So here it is; the top ten articles on OCSN for 2010! And yes, I’m surprised that some of these are so popular too! (Note: more recent articles have had less time to gain page views.)
1. On A Friday: How to escape a Ninja.
2. Windows 7 ‘Fixes’ card reader eject issues. (A high ranking for a terribly written piece!)
3. Eighth Radiohead Album Coming Soon?
4. Windows 7 Beta 1: 7 Up.
5. Biography: Daniel Mannix and the British Influence on Australia.
6. Interview - Video> Liberal MP for McMillan Mr. Russell Broadbent Speaks to OCSN (29/1/2010).
7. On A Friday: Parliament Speed Dating (Cartoon).
8. On A Friday: Deal or No Deal?
9. On A Friday: Lipstick on a Pig.
10. How To: Install Fonts in Windows and Ubuntu.
So, what’s coming in 2011?
Many, many more interviews, more in-depth analysis and essays, more On A Friday and the return of Cabinet Unpacked after a year in hiatus.
And finally, I wish everyone a happy and safe new year, and my new year’s resolution is to greatly improve the quality of the writing on One Cuckoo Short of a Nest!